Thursday, March 28, 2013

In the blink of an eye...

...I am planning a FIRST birthday party! I can't believe our sweet girl is almost a year old. This year has flown by. All you moms out there said it would, but WOAH DUDE I didn't think it would be this fast!

One minute she was a blip on the ultrasound machine, then she was placed in my arms, and now she's getting ready to take her first steps! All the memories in between are wonderful, sleep deprived, make my heart soar, bring tears to my eyes.



This little peanut at 1 week old to



this squirmy girl last night who wouldn't stay still for Daddy!



This little tiny thing, with the cheeks and the squishy face to



This big girl standing on her own!

I am in complete awe of her. She is stubborn, and strong willed. Highly independent. Loves her back tickled and her Daddy's kisses. Is a crab when she is tired. Endures her Mommy's terrible bedtime story telling abilities. Eats almost anything you give her. And in 47 days she'll turn 1 year old. It feels so profound. In 47 days we'll have been parents for an entire year. Its weird how some days it still feels completely surreal to be a Mom, and other days we just fit together like peas and carrots like she's always been a part of our lives.



1 comment:

Faith said...

Awww, love these pics! She is such a cute, squishy baby! yeah, I am in denial but both of mine are TWO - how did THAT happen?! Time flies when you are so tired you can't think lol! Can't wait to see what you do for her bday:)!