Friday, February 3, 2012

Baby Kicks


24 week belly shot

This sweet little girl has been kicking her Momma like crazy and I gotta say I'm loving it to pieces and pieces. Every kick reassures me she is growing, every movement keeps me aware of this little person inside me. Steve not only can feel her movements, at night when she is especially active he can see it too. So far I can tell she loves music. She goes nuts when I eat fruit. She still doesn't like pizza. And she wont kick for me when I am hungry.

Short movement video. There's a good one right at the beginning. Sorry its so hard to see, she gets camera shy.



I went for my 24 week appointment this past Monday. Not thrilled about my weight gain. (up 11lbs which is almost as much as I gained in the entire first half) but thrilled to know she is almost 2lbs, and growing wonderfully. In fact we're both doing so well Dr. M has released me to return to work for the time being. Can't believe I'm actually excited to return to work! Back for another ultrasound on the 13th. It will be our first 3d ultrasound! I'm so excited!!

24-25 weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: +23lbs, not happy, but Dr. M says I'm perfectly on track and there's usually a big jump in weight and growth right about now

Maternity Clothes: All the time. (Honestly I love them, the tops are super cute!)

Stretch marks: None from pregnancy

Sleep: Finally started sleeping in just in time for me to return to work. She kicks me awake super early about twice a week

Movement: lots! LOVE IT! I can't say how much I love feeling her enough!

Cravings/Aversions: I have never liked cucumbers, and now I CRAVE them. Other than that my cravings have been fresh fruit and salad..which I guess isn't the worst craving to have :)

Gender: a beautiful gorgeous baby GIRL!

Symptoms: Starting to feel more fatigued, and my bump is getting in my way here and there. (love it!!)

What I miss: Jimmy Johns, sushi, an active social life....WORK, can you believe it!

What I look forward to: Our 3d ultrasound in 10 days

Moods: Pretty awesome this week. Still forgetting EVERYTHING, so I bought a calendar.

Milestones: Viability!! Meaning is she were to come now she has a chance of survival. I can't believe I'm 6 months pregnant! God is so good!

Medical concerns: Subchorionic hematoma, and baby was detached from uterus (she has now started to refuse, thank goodness) Baby looks very healthy.

1 comment:

Jules said...

No stretch marks are a sign that you are gaining weight at a slow and steady, healthy rate. Though I have TONS of them already! I love your bump! Maybe I'll get brave enough for bare bump shots but right now it's much cuter hidden under my clothes. Baby Girl is doing so well! I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see the 3D ultrasound images.