Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DINK's (not by choice)

I was reading this article about how Steve and I are one of the best demographics to market luxury items to. We are DINK's (Dual Income No Kids). We do get stuff in the mail all the time about vacations and cars. What would be awesome is if we'd get coupons toward fertility treatment. What I'm saying is, I get coupons in the mail for diapers, and free formula cans (which I promptly give away) because I've bought babyshower items at target or because of certain fertility websites I go to have sold my info. If the statistics companies would take a minute and look a little further they'd see we have seen 2 Reproductive doctors in 4 years and we still claim no dependents on our taxes. How about a "FREE BOX OF MENOPUR" coupon, or "$100 off your next Assisted Reproductive Treatment"? Even better "ONE FREE BODY MASSAGE following your next IUI/IVF treatment" That I could use. I don't need a fancy car, or a vacation to Bora Bora to make babies...I need money, time, effort and less stress.

This company in England even started a lottery for IVF. 20 bucks bought your ticket to the lottery to win a "Luxury IVF treatment" However it is now on hold due to reasons no one can talk about. I can't fathom who would want to block this awesomeness. I would probably buy at least 3 tickets.

Today is cycle day something, I'm feeling a bit PMS so I'm guessing AF will be here in about a week. Then we can get the show on the road for IUI #8. I was thinking maybe we could combine Gonal-F & Menopur, but now I'm thinking that might not be a good idea. The Menopur helps me produce fine looking follicles we just don't know whats wrong with them beyond that. Only way to tell would be IVF. I would love to start our IVF this October.

I do hope we have the moolah by then, and some crazy salesperson hasn't sold us a time share in Tahiti with my own private jet plane. Don't get me wrong those things would be lovely, but I want a screaming-crying-pooping-gorgeous piece of us more. :)

3 comments:

Jules said...

I'm with you 100% on that. I Know how you feel and it is not fun! Have you looked at the site for A Family of My Own? It's a non profit started by a former employee of Fertile Dreams. They are doing infertility conferences and offering raffles for IVF at each one. I can't make the ones that's coming up in Chicago but maybe you and I should plan a trip to the next one in Florida. I want to start our IVF in October as well but it looks like it might be later. It's 6 weeks minimum and our doctor thinks my ovaries will be too swollen for a fresh transfer and and wants us prepared for a a few weeks of bed rest and possible hospitalization before the actual transfer. I hope your IUI works so you don't have to go through the madness of IVF.

Sarah said...

The lottery sounds awesome! Hope they get it up and running soon. Hoping your status gets to change soon. I will keep my fingers crossed for you with this next IUI.

Thanks for your comment on my blog! As for Avery, we are still waiting, but recently have found out that she may not ever be coming home. They are in the final stages of finding out for sure. I will be posting about it in a couple of weeks, but wanted to let you know since you asked.

Cyndee said...

OMG, an IVF Lottery or Raffle sounds like the best idea ever! If they don't have one in your area, why don't you talk with your docs office to see if you could organize one for them. From a marketing perspective it sounds like they would get their money back in ticket sales plus they get their name out there on each ticket. Just work in there that for organizing it you can also buy tickets or that they give you treatment at a discounted rate :-)