Monday, September 20, 2010

Hubris

A friend of mine and I were discussing this show she had watched on Discovery Health Channel the other day called "8 Boys Wanting a Girl". I was so appalled by what she had told me that I went home and looked it up on the computer and watched for myself. In the the first minute and a half this woman compared her "longing" for a girl to the effect of women who can't have children at all. This is all AFTER, mind you, this woman has had 4 gorgeous children who just happen to all be boys. FOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!! I was in shock.

This brings about other feelings that I have about women who complain about being a mother/pregnant/etc.... It hurts my heart that there are incredibly selfish women out there who can do all sorts of things to hurt their families and themselves but are still able become pregnant and have healthy children. Children who will one day learn about why that parent was so arrogant and selfish. I do not want to go into details about the feelings I am having lately because this could hurt others that I love. I wish I knew other infertiles in real life. Most of my friends either have children or aren't in that stage to think about children yet. My heart has a longing that cannot be filled with words or hugs...although I stay optimistic. What else can I do?

To watch this video follow the link: http://health.discovery.com/videos/8-boys-wanting-a-girl-being-thanfull.html

1 comment:

Pril said...

I wait each day to read your post. I miss the heck out of you.. ok going to e-mail you now! love ya!