Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade....

So before Steve was laid off we had decided to throw the New Year's Eve shindig at our new house. A bunch of us wanted to get dressed up, but not have to pay any crazy amount to just go out for the party. Plus we've already done the Crystal Gardens thing, and it was a bunch of fun, but we didn't feel like doing that again. So we decided that if we were going to have the party at our house and still wanted to get dressed up, that we would have to theme it. So the Masquerade Party was born. My friend April and I went back and forth about invites, until it was perfect, and they were sent out about 3 weeks ago. I've been so excited for the party!




Steve and I went shopping to decorate, buying some Mardi Gras masks and also HAPPY NEW YEAR paraphernalia. We've got plastic champagne flutes for 80, and noise makers and the whole thing. We're also "demasking" at midnight! So everyone is required to dress up and wear a mask! I got mine a couple months ago at the Spirit Halloween store during the after Halloween sale, and yesterday I found the perfect dress to go with it! And lo and behold Steve bought a suit (badly needed, and on sale!) and we'll actually match! I can't wait for tomorrow to see what everyone will look like. Steve said we should put together some form of game, but I haven't been able to think of what we can get a bunch of people to do and concentrate on. I mean we have darts, Foosball, beer pong (pool if we remove the beer pong top). But I have this roll of raffle tickets I wanted to use, and I can't for the life of me think of anything imaginative enough to use them. Any suggestions?

To all of you and yours Happy New Year from the Miller's!

No comments: