Monday, July 21, 2008

Well you done done me, you bet I felt it...

This past weekend was a nice change of pace. Although I think we spent a little too much money having a little too much fun.

First Friday I left work early because I had to go in for another procedure that Dr. Lutsic sent me for. First I had an ultrasound done 3 weeks ago, and a lot of bloodwork. From there she sent me back to Southgate Radiology for an Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) which let me tell you was NOT in any way pleasant. Hysterosalpingogram is an X-ray of the uterus and fallopian tubes which allows visualization of the inside of the uterus and tubes. The picture will reveal any abnormalities of the uterus as well as tubal problems such as blockage and dilation. They take the xray by inserting a catheter into your cervix which then inserts a dye that can be picked up on the xray machine. Of course the insertion of the dye resulted in blinding cramping pain, which let me tell ya made me want to punch the doctor and throw up at the same time. I suggest that if anyone else needs this done to take some kind of preventative pain meds before hand. Either way the picture seems to show a sub septum uterus. I go back to go over the results and our options with Dr. Lutsic in a couple weeks.

Afterwards I went home and relaxed for a few hours before Steve got home from work. Once he was home we changed and went to Mongolian BBQ for dinner, which was awesome. Afterward we went to the Henry Ford IMAX and waited in line for almost 2 hours to see The Dark Knight. You have to get there early to get a good seat! We bought our tickets over two weeks ago! It was a great flick. I think my only complaint was Maggie Gylenhaal (sp?) I don't think she was quite right for the part, but I love her as an actress so I was happy. Then we stopped at Snookers for a couple and went home.

Saturday we woke up all early to go canoeing with Pittman and friends. Steve and I got ready, and headed out to a crappy humid and rainy day. We stopped and got provisions determined to canoe anyway. We made it all the way to Ann Arbor and tried to stop for food (can't canoe on an empty stomach) while running super late. The line was FOREVER long, it was raining harder and harder, so we said forget canoeing drove back to Ann Arbor and walked around the Art Fair for 5 hours and ate all sorts of good stuff. Of course we couldn't afford any of their posh art, but we did both find sweet Michigan hoodies for 50% off. Afterwards we went home and relaxed, then we went up to Roar on the River to see Sandi who was working the Beer booth and watch the fireworks. They put on a really good show! Steve was impressed which was good because Steve is KING FIREWORK GUY. I mean it, he actually has a saving budget to buy some every year, he watches them on TV, he's recorded things about them on certain shows like How it's Made, and Top 10 Firework Shows in the World on NG. After the fireworks we went to Trenton Lanes for a bit, which was ungodly hot inside because the guy said he can't afford to put the air on (stupid Michigan economy). We left there sweating and went up to Snookers again for Jimmy's birthday. We left around close and slept in really late yesterday. We got Pizza Hut for dinner (their new pasta is incredible) and watched The Onion movie.

In house news we go see Derrell at 5th 3rd tomorrow to do our mortgage preparations. Closing date is set for August 29th. Keep on praying everything goes smooth!

Here's a couple pics of the house:

No comments: