Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Supermoon failed me!

I am patiently nervously, anxiously, excitingly (is that a word?) waiting to meet our little girl. 8 more days until I can kiss her sweet face. Although I have been trying to do whatever I can to meet her sooner! Last nights SUPERMOON did not send me into labor like I had hoped. I am READY. I am huge and uncomfortable and swollen. They weren't kidding when they said the last month kind of stinks. I'm not trying to complain, I just want to be done with the pregnant part and start the being a Mom part. At my very last ultrasound on Thursday I got to see her one last time before it's birthday time. She has consistently been measuring around a week ahead since the beginning (even with the hematoma) which had her in the 70-75th percentile for growth. This time she is measuring in the greater than 90th percentile!!! They have estimated her weight to be 8lbs 9oz! Holy BIG baby! Plus she could gain another half pound before birth! Woah!

Dr. M never thought we'd make it this far. She had prepared us for a March or April birthday. She was certain our muffin was going to make her big entrance early. Here we are completely full term with a healthy sized baby still in my belly in MAY. Even though the hematoma has stayed with us since 14 weeks it hasn't seemed to affect our little pumpkin. Thank GOD for miracles.

38 Weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: +53lbs.. I am so swollen. At least pre-eclampsia was ruled out

Maternity Clothes: All the time.
.
Stretch marks: Yep, bottom of my belly there are a few small ones, top of my breasts and a wierd one on the top of my left butt cheek. Here we go! sheesh!

Sleep: Terrible. I wake up everytime I move. And when I wake up for the day I don't feel rested

Movement: Tons and hiccups! Love it all! She "rolls" now. My belly looks like a water bed.

Cravings/Aversions: Back to cucumbers. I'm eating a whole one to myself every other day

Gender: a beautiful gorgeous baby GIRL!

Symptoms: BACKACHES!!! Acid reflux, heartburn, this HUGE belly! lol

What I miss: Jimmy Johns, sushi, a good glass of beer

What I look forward to: Birthday is set for May 14th! That's in 1 week!!!

Moods: Pretty good, although by the end of the day I get really tired.

Milestones: She is just putting on the fat now! She is totally a fully made baby!

Medical concerns: Subchorionic hematoma, and baby was detached from uterus (she is refused to my uteran wall except where the hematoma still exists) Last ultrasound could not find the hematoma. It's probably still there but she's so big now they can't see it.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Wow, I am SO excited for you!! I can't wait to hear all about the birthday and how much you ADORE being a momma:). Keep up the good work, you are almost there!