Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Waiting for May....

I am patiently waiting for my daughter to be fully cooked and ready. I washed her newborn outfits yesterday. I've put away most of her things.

I am huge and uncomfortable, which I guess is expected for being 8 1/2 months pregnant. The ultrasound went well. She is weighing in at 5lbs 5oz and growth is in the 75th percentile. So all in all she looks wonderful! I am going in for NST's 2x a week and seeing my OB every other week. I really like that I'm being monitored closely, it helps ease my mind/neurotic behavior.

Sometimes I look down and can hardly believe this is my belly, and my daughter growing and kicking in there. 4 weeks, 6 days to go...34 days. That's like an IUI cycle away! HOLY COW!

I am a little nervous about the surgery and how we'll adjust when we bring her home. I think it's just "first time Mom" jitters. I am just so excited!


34 Weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: +37.5lbs.. Weighed myself at my Mom's which is very accurate with the doctor and I only seemed to be up about half a pound. I'll take it!

Maternity Clothes: All the time.

Stretch marks: UGH! They have just started showing up no matter how much lotion I apply. They aren't terrible, but it really bums me out

Sleep: Still not great. My right side hurts from all her kicks and I get up tons to use the restroom. Everytime I change positions it wakes me up.

Movement: Tons and hiccups! Love it all!

Cravings/Aversions: Back to cucumbers. I'm eating a whole one to myself every other day

Gender: a beautiful gorgeous baby GIRL!

Symptoms: BACKACHES!!! Acid reflux, heartburn, this HUGE belly! lol

What I miss: Jimmy Johns, sushi, a good glass of beer

What I look forward to: Birthday is set for May 14th! That's in 5 weeks!!!

Moods: Pretty good, although by the end of the day I get really tired.

Milestones: She is just putting on the fat now! She is totally a fully made baby!

Medical concerns: Subchorionic hematoma, and baby was detached from uterus (she is refused to my uteran wall except where the hematoma still exists) Baby looks very healthy, and the ultrasound showed her in the 75% percentile for growth.

1 comment:

Faith said...

This is about the time that you get really antsy and ready to get the show on the road! It's normal! And some anxiety is also normal - it's a BIG change and none of us knows how it will go until we just do it. The best I can say is just soak up these last weeks of pregnancy. You will LOVE when she is in your arms - but I promise the day will come when you wish you could go back and do the pregnancy all over again! The way that I made sure to soak it in and really enjoy it was by making a journal for Addison - I wrote to her about how I loved being pregnant, feeling her move, my worries about delivery, doctor's appointments etc. That way I can go back to read it any time I want and she will also have those words one day - I think that'll mean a lot. Hang in there - I am so excited for you!!!