Monday, October 31, 2011

Red and black and slimy green.

So, it's weird how when one symptom goes another shows up. I have been having issues with a bloody nose for the last weekish. Only twice has it actually dripped, but the rest is just bloody mucous. I read that this is also pretty common for pregnant women. My Mom thinks I am a little nutso about what I've been reading on the internet and in my book. I do need to remind myself to keep off the internet because a lot of it just makes me worry (a little trait I got from my dear Mother).

So here I am 11-12ish weeks. My NT scan is scheduled for Friday morning. This has me a little nervous but the closer it gets, it seems the more calm I am. I've been praying quite a bit. I need to tell myself it's just an extra chance to see our little peanut. The only part I don't like is having to go by myself. If you are unsure what an NT scan is, it's just an ultrasound (nothing invasive) that measures specific parts of the baby (heart, spine, neck, nose) to test for chromosomal abnormalities like Downs Syndrome and others.

11-12 weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: 3lbs still, although my scale may differ from the OB's. It could be closer to +5lbs

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I am using a rubber band on the buttons of my pants because it's not very comfortable to have them buttoned when I sit.

Stretch marks: None from pregnancy

Sleep: Still all the time.

Movement: Nothing yet, and probably not for a few weeks. This is one thing I'm really looking forward to.

Cravings/Aversions: Still no pizza. :( However I have been craving citrus/sour things lately like crazy!

Gender: I'm hoping to ask (BEG) the OB to give me a quick scan at my December appointment, otherwise we won't find out until January

Symptoms: Sleepy, Sometimes nauseated, sensitive breasts, round ligament pain, lower back pain

What I miss: Having a normal energy level, being able to eat anything I want.

What I look forward to: Getting a BUMP and seeing the baby again on Nov 8th

Moods: Generally good. Although I've noticed I get snippy/crabby at mealtimes and before bed.

Milestones: End of the 1st trimester!

Medical concerns: None so far. Baby looks very healthy.

No comments: