Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday........

So I found out yesterday that while I actually made a follicle all on my own (hurray!) I didn't ovulate and release and it has turned into a 34mm cyst. Which means another 3 weeks to wait while I take a regiment of birth control to get rid of the cyst. Which means no May IUI..and another cycle wasted. And also probably means I'll be on AF while camping, and then on injections the following weekend of more camping. ugh!

Sunday is Mother's Day. I adore my Mom and my sister, but I feel left out. This will be my 4th Mother's day of TTC with still empty arms. Faith posted the following poem on her blog and I just had to repost over here because it says exactly what I'm feeling:

“Happy Mother's Day”

it comes around every year;
but when you have empty arms,
it's very hard to hear.

It's a day to celebrate a mother;
for all the trials she overcame;
and a reminder to an infertile
of her loneliness and shame.


But what really makes a mother,
Is it just conception and birth?
Or is there something more,
that shows a mother's worth?


It's putting your child first,
in everything you do;
it's sacrifice and determination,
and love and patience too.


An infertile woman makes all her plans,
around a child not yet conceived;
she loves them even though they aren't here,
more than she ever could have believed.


She appreciates and understands,
what a blessing that children are;
she works hard for just a chance,
that motherhood is not that far.


All odds are stacked against her,
and yet she still has hope;
everyday is another struggle,
finding ways to help her cope.


So even though her arms are empty,
she can still be a mother too;
So say a special “Happy Mother's Day”
for those waiting for their dreams to come true!


By Rachel Holden
http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about599768.html

2 comments:

Faith said...

Glad you liked the poem:). So sorry about the wasted cycle, that is always so damn disappointing. Hang in there, girl. I will pray that next Mother's Day you are knee deep in poopy diapers and spit up:).

Unknown said...

I hear you Sarah. Sorry about the busted cycle and the monster cyst. Hang in there.