My life hasn't been the same since we got back on the TTC block and starting preaching to my uterus to grow a Wee Baby Miller. I now live my life in two week intervals. The first two weeks (PRE Ovulation) and the second 2 weeks (POST ovulation) The first couple weeks go like this:
1. Call the doctor because another treatment hasn't worked, ball my eyes out, suck it up & move on (not as easy as it sounds), have a glass of wine (or 4)
2. Go in for cycle day 3 ultrasound & bloodwork..Oh and begin another round of hormone medication.
3. Continue heading to the doctor everyday at 6am *or every other day* while still taking the medication *or increasing the dosage* then rush to make it to work on time and stay on the edge of my seat until the doctor calls to tell me the results
4. IUI, IUI, IUI. (at some point before the IUI it's the weekend so I can have another few glasses of wine/beer)
1. TIME SLOWS DOWN
2. I don't have to go to the doctor so I can sleep in an extra hour. Of course my internal clock doesn't know this, so I wake up early. (or a few hours early because the hormones/vitamins make me have to pee a million times a day)
3. It's the weekend. You can't drink. You try to fake it with a pop in a glass because you don't wanna have to tell everyone AGAIN that you're STILL TTC. They figure it out anyway and then you're automatic DD.
4. You are hyper aware of any little twinge/cramp/"symptom"** that could possibly mean it finally worked
**symptoms are the devil. The medication I take gives me the same symptoms. PMS gives you the same symptoms.
And then (for me) it starts all over again.
Right now I'm on #4 for the post section (9 days past IUI) and pulling my hair out! Trying to "relax" I did NOT buy any tests and don't plan to. (too much temptation) One more week to go...
Is/was it the same for you?